Online ECHO Clinic | October 14, 2020
Presentation Titles: COVID-19 Vaccines | Public Health Practice and Clinical Treatment Updates
In this series of presentations, Dr. Harry Brown provides an update of the latest COVID-19 vaccines to start Phase 3 trials, as well as those put on clinical holds, reviews storage requirements for the different vaccines and provides valuable FDA safety guideline updates. Then, Brigg Reilley, MPH, provides an overview of recent COVID-19 media, updated COVID-19 numbers, and rates in Indian Country as well as a discusses the four pillars of treatment with Dr Jorge Mera.
Harry J Brown, MD, is the Medical Epidemiologist for the United South and Eastern Tribes, Inc.
Jorge Mera, MD, FACP, is the Director of Infectious Diseases for Cherokee Nation Health Service, the largest tribally operated health care system in the United States. He oversees surveillance, policies, and programs to treat and prevent the transmission of COVID-19, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and HCV.
Brigg Reilley, MPH, is an Epidemiologist and Contractor for the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board. Mr Reilley provides support for the US Indian Health Service national HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) program. He has been working in American Indian/Alaska Native health since 2006. Prior to Indian Health Service, he worked for MSF for ten years in several emergency and non-emergency project settings, and served on the MSF Board of Directors from 2008-2011. He obtained a Masters in Public Health from Tulane University in 1996 and a BA in Philosophy from the College of William & Mary in 1990.
- Indian Health Service COVID-19 Pandemic Vaccine Draft Plan (IHS)
- COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines (NIH)
- See Figure 1, Page 51 for Recommendations for Pharmacologic Management of Patients with COVID-19 Based on Disease Severity
- Draft Landscape of COVID-19 Candidate Vaccines (WHO)
- COVID-19 Vaccine: the eight technologies being tested (Intern Veterinary Vaccinology Network)
- Phase 1–2 Trial of a SARS-CoV-2 Recombinant Spike Protein Nanoparticle Vaccine (NEJM)
- Vaccines (CDC)
- Vaccine Tracking Websites: