Online ECHO Clinic | October 19, 2020
Presentation Title: Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes Associated with COVID-19
In this presentation, Dr. Thomas Becker provides a summary and article review of maternal and neonatal outcomes associated with COVID-19.
Thomas Becker, MD, PhD, is a medical epidemiologist, and trained in internal medicine, anthropology, and public health; he began his career at the University of New Mexico before moving to the Northwest about 20 years ago. Since his arrival in Portland, Becker has worked with the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board and Oregon Health & Science University. He has published on a diverse range of American Indian health issues, including both infectious and chronic diseases. And with the Indian Health Board, he has been involved in etiologic studies, community prevention programs and education programs to improve career opportunities for people in tribes nationwide.
- COVID-19 Pregnancy Outcomes in a Racially and Ethnically Diverse Population (Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM)
- Study Finds Low Risk to Infants of Moms with COVID-19 (CIDRAP – Univ of Minn)
- Outcomes of Neonates Born to Mothers With Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection at a Large Medical Center in New York City (JAMA Pediatr)
- Analysis of SARS-CoV-2 Vertical Transmission During Pregnancy (Nat Commun)
- Indian Health Service Receives 300,000 BinaxNOW COVID-19 Tests for Distribution (IHS)
- Placental Pathology in COVID-19 (Am J Clin Pathol)
- COVID-19, Pregnancy, and Breastfeeding: A Message for Patients (ACOG)
- CHOP Study Looks at COVID-19 Prevalence Among Pregnant Women in Philadelphia (CHOP)