Online ECHO Clinic | September 28, 2020
Presentation Titles: Public Health Policy and Practice Updates | SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Among Healthcare Workers
In this series of presentations, Brigg Reilley, MPH, provides a number of valuable COVID-19 related resources produced by the FDA and CDC as well as an overview of recent updates in COVID-19 numbers, and rates in Indian Country. Then, Dr. Thomas Becker provides a summary and article review of SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence among healthcare, first response, and public safety personnel.
Brigg Reilley, MPH, is an Epidemiologist and Contractor for the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board. Mr Reilley provides support for the US Indian Health Service national HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) program. He has been working in American Indian/Alaska Native health since 2006. Prior to Indian Health Service, he worked for MSF for ten years in several emergency and non-emergency project settings, and served on the MSF Board of Directors from 2008-2011. He obtained a Masters in Public Health from Tulane University in 1996 and a BA in Philosophy from the College of William & Mary in 1990.
Thomas Becker, MD, PhD, is a medical epidemiologist, and trained in internal medicine, anthropology, and public health; he began his career at the University of New Mexico before moving to the Northwest about 20 years ago. Since his arrival in Portland, Becker has worked with the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board and Oregon Health & Science University. He has published on a diverse range of American Indian health issues, including both infectious and chronic diseases. And with the Indian Health Board, he has been involved in etiologic studies, community prevention programs and education programs to improve career opportunities for people in tribes nationwide.
- SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence among Healthcare, First Response, and Public Safety Personnel, Detroit Metropolitan Area, Michigan, USA, May–June 2020 (Emerging Infectious Diseases)
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 Among Frontline Health Care Personnel in a Multistate Hospital Network — 13 Academic Medical Centers, April–June 2020 (MMWR)
- Indigenous Impacts: How Native American Communities are Responding to COVD-19 (News-Bemidji Pioneer)
- COVID-19 Data on Native Americans is ‘a National Disgrace.’ This Scientist is Fighting to be Counted (Science Magazine)
- Strong Hearts Helpline
- Communication Resources (CDC)
- FDA Approved Tweets for Stakeholders (FDA)
- Emergent Therapies for COVID-19 (Indian Country ECHO)
- CDC’s Response to Support State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Health Departments (CDC)
- BINAX NOW Antigen Test Summary (USET)