Diabetes Clinical Resources
Below are webinars, fact sheets, policy templates, videos, and other up-to-date Diabetes-related resources for use in clinical settings.
COVID 19 Resources
- Sick Day Check-In List for Patients with Diabetes and COVID-19
- Resources for your patients:
The guideline describes the critical decision points in the Management of Diabetes Mellitus (DM) and provides clear and comprehensive evidence based recommendations incorporating current information and practices for practitioners throughout the DoD and VA Health Care systems. The guideline is intended to improve patient outcomes and local management of patients with diabetes mellitus.
The 2019 guideline on treatment of diabetes in older adults:
- Provides recommendations for the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of diabetes in older adults
- Provides recommendations for older patients with diabetes and macro and microvascular co-morbidities
- Emphasizes shared-decision making and lesser targets/goals depending on health condition
American Diabetes Association
The 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes includes all of ADA’s current clinical practice recommendations and is intended to provide clinicians, patients, researchers, payers, and others with the components of diabetes care, general treatment goals, and tools to evaluate the quality of care. The recommendations are based on an extensive review of the clinical diabetes literature, supplemented with input from ADA staff and the medical community at large. The Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes is updated annually, or more frequently online if new evidence or regulatory changes merit immediate incorporation, and is published in Diabetes Care