Selected tribal health teams who would like to or are currently providing treatment for patients with opioid use disorder are invited to a two-day orientation and training with the didgʷálič immersion program.
The training will be structured with the first half of each day being held at the Swinomish Casino and Lodge in Anacortes, Washington, followed by afternoons spent observing and interacting with the clinicians and staff at the didgʷálič Wellness Center.
Teams selected are those who are in a position to champion change at their tribe and provide care to patients with opioid use disorder within the primary care, behavioral health or opioid treatment program setting.
6 tribal health teams have been selected to participate, with a maximum of 30 individual participants, based on interest level and geographic distribution throughout Indian Country.
Where: Swinomish Casino & Lodge, 12885 Casino Dr, Anacortes, WA 98221 Google Map
Download the Training Agenda
Download the Following Presentations
- The Data Behind the Opioid Crisis in Indian Country
- Trauma and Addiction/Trauma Informed Care
- Ending the Opioid Crisis: Recommendations for Elected Leadership
- The didgʷálič Model for Addressing the Opioid Crisis in Indian Country
- Screening, Treatment, Management of Opioid Use Disorder
- Infectious Disease Work-up for Patients on MAT
- Introduction to Harm Reduction
More Information about didgʷálič
More Information about Indian Country ECHO