PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) TeleECHO Program
The Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, Cherokee Nation and the Southern Plains Tribal Health Board welcome you to participate in our 6 session Indian Country PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) ECHO clinic starting late summer/early Fall 2020. The program provides comprehensive information for clinicians to effectively integrate PrEP services in Indian Health Service, Tribal, and Urban Indian clinics.
The Indian Country PrEP ECHO Clinic will cover topics such as:
- Rationale for PrEP
- Indications and contraindications for PrEP
- How to start PrEP
- Monitoring patients while on PrEP and addressing complications
- Recruiting for PrEP candidates
Who should participate?
- Physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nurses, medical assistants, behavioral health specialists or others interested in learning new skills to effectively integrate PrEP at I/T/U facilities are invited to attend.
When will the sessions take place?
- The first PrEP ECHO session will take place August or September, 2020, meeting every other Friday from 12-1pm CST for 3 months (exact dates TBD).
The sessions meet from 12-1pm Central Standard Time. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the cohort by July 2020. Accepted participants will be invited to attend a 20 minute orientation call prior to starting.
For more information on the PrEP ECHO program, email email@example.com