Maternal and Child Health ECHO
Tribes and their healthcare providers know that healthy mothers and children help form the backbone of strong communities. Ensuring the wellness of mothers and children, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, includes making sure clinicians have every resource available to them to improve patient outcomes, including space to confer with and learn from peers and multidisciplinary teams about relevant topics.
Staff supporting the maternal and child healthcare needs of American Indian and Alaska Native people are invited to participate in a 6-session Maternal and Child Health (MCH) ECHO clinic from September 2020-February 2021. Each session focuses on a distinct MCH interest area though a culturally appropriate and holistic lens.
The Maternal and Child Health ECHO Clinic will cover topics such as:
- Maternal health and COVID-19
- Opioid and substance use disorders
- Behavioral and mental health
- Care for children with disabilities
Why MCH ECHO?
- The goal of the MCH Indian Country ECHO program is to expand the resources and expertise of Indian Health Service, Tribal, and Urban Indian clinics by providing virtual clinics, case and data presentations lead by specialist mentors. With the COVID-19 pandemic preventing large, in-person meetings, ECHO’s telehealth format fosters a collaborative community of engaged practitioners and experts, bringing MCH best practices to all patients, regardless of geographic constraints.
Who should join?
- Primary care clinicians, immunization coordinators, family practitioners, pediatricians, obstetricians/gynecologists, physicians, DOs, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, midwives, community health workers, peer support specialists, lactation specialists, and all others interested in engaging with maternal and child health topics and developing new skills
When will the sessions take place?
- The first MCH ECHO session will take place September 24, 2020, meeting on the 4th Thursday of every month from 12-1pm PT for 6 months according to the below schedule:
- September 24th
- October 22nd
- November 19th (Note reschedule due to holiday)
- December 17th (Note reschedule due to holiday)
- January 28th
- February 25th
The sessions meet from 12-1pm Pacific Time. For more information on the MCH ECHO program, email email@example.com